What is the best way to potty train my son?

We tried to potty train before. He likes to sit on the toilet but wants to get off and on a lot so he never sits there long enough to do anything. He is now going in his diaper and then taking it off so I know it is time but how???

Reichal

Asked by Reichal at 11:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A very cute one that I've heard on here is to put a few Cheerios in the toilet and make a game of trying to see how many Cheerios he can "shoot" with his pee. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i just waited till my son was ready and today was it... he just wanted to use the potty... which made it easy cause i tried before to and it was a fight.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:19 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• @ MrsHouston Ya I had heard the same. I only worry that my son will try to eat them instead!!! haha
    @ Lynnsae My son always wants to use it he just won't sit there long enough. I am hoping he will decide he will be ready soon. After this weekend it is no more diapers.
    Reichal

Comment by Reichal (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Well, I have potty-trained 5 little boys and working on the 6th atm. My tried and true? "go potty with daddy" I put a small container of Cheerios on the back of the toilet and they aim away. My son hasn't got the concept yet, but he is getting the idea that when you pee you go to the toilet. Once they master peeung in the toilet the uh...rest comes naturally.
    LadyMorrgian

Answer by LadyMorrgian at 6:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2011