anon. questions

I understand some people use the anon. button because of privacy. I get that. My question is why they use it for simple statements or questions. That aren't ugly or really anything to be "private" about. Maybe it's just me, just don't get it though.

arenad

Asked by arenad at 12:02 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Yeah I never got that either.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I don't really care one way or another.  I don't post anonymous because I don't know how, lol.  And because I don't need to.  I don't try to be rude or hurt anyones feelings.  What I don't understand is if someone is nervous about what other people say, then why put their business out there to start with!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• prolly in case certain ppl don't like them, they won't be biast to answering it just because they don't like the person
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I know! Like what's so secretive about needing a recipe?.............Maybe it's like Martha Stewart or Rachael Ray and they don't want anyone to know! lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I don't like it when people "hide" behind the anonymous button. 2 sayings: If you dish it out, you gotta be able to take it. #2: If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:07 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i guess to take advange of it... i really don't know
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:17 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• WELL! Maybe I don't want everyone knowing I don't know how to make buttermilk biscuits from scratch!!

LMAO
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I don't want people to see some of my answers/questions and think I'm pathetic because of them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Awwwe! Anon below me! No one is going to think you are pathetic!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• IF they are actually using the anon function for privacy it probably isn't privacy at CM that they are worried about. Sure why would they need to hide asking for a recipe? I get the logic behind feeling that way but if you don't want your ex or your MIL (in my case) to know where you spend your time online, you will hide it all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jan. 20, 2011