Will gestational diabetes affect the scheduled C-section of my second child?

They told me today (30wks) that I now have gestational diabetes. My fasting sugar after a 1hr test was 210. The doctor decided he didn't need a 3hr test. They are sending me straight to counseling sessions and all of that stuff. My scheduled c-section is March 18, and I still haven't got to speak to my Dr personally. Will this affect the delivery date? I've heard repeat c-sections that develop GD have to have an earlier c-section date? Help please?

OurBushBaby

Asked by OurBushBaby at 12:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• if so it won't be too early. they won't take the baby before it's ready
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:09 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Anyone know exactly how early doctors aim for? I'm anxious to know when our bundle will be here, and I'm already scheduled a week early due to previous c-section and one large baby. lol
    OurBushBaby

Comment by OurBushBaby (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• they will let you know 2 weeks before your due date... i didn't have a c section but i had my son 2 week early and they say it is very normal for those with diabeties.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:16 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Thank you :)
    OurBushBaby

Comment by OurBushBaby (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Jan. 20, 2011