What's with all these

non-Americans on American idol?

Sorry, I'm in a bad mood.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Entertainment

• How do you know they are not american? I do not understand......do you work for immigration, and have done background checks on all the contestants? How could you possibly know this for fact?
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Lol, it doesn't bother me. I didn't even notice it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:49 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Truthteller, exactly what I was thinking! I never think that just because someone is of a different nationality or race that they are not "American" even if they just immigrated here.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:50 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• How can you not notice it when they turn them into sob stories?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• american flag ribbonThe thought that these people came here because their own countries were in the middle of war... the fact that they would have stood no chance like they do in America.... the fact that they now have a chance at the very chance that we all dream of... The American Dream... that makes you angry? Sorry, but that made me cry. They are not here illegally... they won the green card lottery... Do you know how many people dream of that opportunity?   They are now Americans in both my eyes and the Governments... Sorry....

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• There is nothing wrong with being in a bad mood and I commend you for posting this.  Hold on, it made you cry?  Why in the world would it make you cry because anon posted a question and then stated she isn't in a good mood?!  You'll need a lot of tissues being on Cafemom then.  I'm now buying stock in Kleenex! 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:10 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I don't watch the show but I did think it was funny one season when 2 out of the 3 judges weren't American lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I think she meant the stories of the people the OP is talking about made her cry lol.

Everyone has bad moods sometimes, but regardless of whether they were born on US turf or not, if they are legally living here and have talent, they deserve a chance as much as those who were born here. That's just my opinion, though. I know a lot of people disagree about that.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I thought the Russian girl was really good!
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 2:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• hey wait can i be on american idol or am i told old ha ha..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 8:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2011