Any young moms feel older?

I settled down young but I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never have a "normal early 20's". I've always been more mature and I don't have any regrets or have any urges to ditch my responsibilites and go party or anything like that but lately it's been hard to feel like I fit in anywhere because I'm young but can only relate to older friends. I'm 23 and have 1 friend my age because she is in a similar situation but my other 2 closest friends are 30 and 32! It's hard to make friends because most girls my age have all the freetime in the world right now and most other women I can actually relate to are so much older than me that it's usually awkward. I still talk to a few friends from high school occasionally but our conversations have gotten old. Usually they just ask how the baby is, etc. We don't relate anymore. Just wondering if there are any other young moms that feel like this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Babe I'm so with you on this one.  I was 15 when I met my future hub.  I was 19 when I started having kids.  This is my life though and I wouldn't change it.  What gets me the most is that most things people my age are out doing I don't WANT to do.  I did notice, like you have, that I don't relate to any of my old friends anymore.  The things they are into are great and I'm happy for them but it's just not what I'm into. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Geez I know exactly how you feel. I could have posted this myself. Lol.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 12:45 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I'm not "young" - I'm 29, but usually feel like I'm 60 or something. Sheesh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I'm 21 and I can certainly relate. I do have a desire to "party", though (or at least what SOME would call "partying"). Not like every week, I mean like a girls weekend once a year or something lol. That would be nice to just take a weekend trip, have some drinks in a hotel room, watch a movie, eat some junk food, etc., or go out to a club once or something like that. Blah I'm rambling lol. Sorry, it's past my bedtime. Anyway, I got married a week after I turned 18 and got pregnant 3 months later, so I know how you feel. None of my friends have children (well, a couple of acquaintances do), none of my close friends are married (yet, but one is engaged) and I don't even really know anyone older. It's rough sometimes, but I've never been the type to want tons of people in my life, so I deal I guess. It would be nice to have a real life friend who knows what my life is like, though, so we could talk about more.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:20 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Me! Me! *waves arm wildly* I'm 24 (will be 25 in June) and I feel as though I'm in my early to mid-30s. Apparently, I act that age, but I don't want to feel like that! lol. I don't think it's from having a Kiddo, though..I think it's stress and just the busyness of life.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:27 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• same HERE! i had dd1 whe i was 17 got preggo at 16 and have dd2 at 19 preggers at 18. and still ebfing hr! so i cant drink. when i do quit nursing dh and i plan on once a month going clubbing, but I HATE it that al my firends are older than me by at least 1/2 a dozen years, and the ones my age are all drunk off their ass witht heir kids at their moms house 90% of the time. im proud of my *responsibilites* and my kids are not an obligation. theyre my children and if i cant do something without them there i wont do it. date nights are for me and hubby only but otherwise, forget it. sometimes whn im talking to a good firned of mine (shes 22) i feel like her mother......X(
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 4:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I can most definitely relate to this. I met my BF right after I turned 16 and we are still together to this day. I'm now almost 24 and have very few friends that ever want to do anything because they know I ALWAYS have my 2yr old DS with me. I feel very envious of other women my age because they have all the time in the world to do whatever they want whenever they want. Don't get me wrong...I love my son more than anything in the entire world, but there are times when I just wanna relax in bed all day and watch movies. Or just get up and go somewhere for a week or something but I can't. I know I chose my life but sometimes when I get time to just sit and reflect, I wish I had done some things differently. There are so many days that I feel like i'm 40 or something and it sucks but I also thank God that I made the choices that I did and I was able to avoid any sort of violent relationship or drug addictions or things like that!
    XaviersMama311

Answer by XaviersMama311 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2011