How do I start a Realationship when I have a 5 month old??

jdpsmom08

Asked by jdpsmom08 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• I have a guy who is very into me and absolutely loves my 3 month old daughter. Lots of guys think the maternal side of women is sexy so I'm gonna say be honest and open. If you don't think of it like a setback he might not either. The guy told me my daughter was a beautiful sweet little bonus that went with me. Your child is not necessarily a problem she may even be a desirable trait.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• It's hard...I've been there. My daughter was about 11 months. The best advice I can give is when you come across someone that you think you might be interested in dating, be sure to tell that person about your baby, before it goes any further. That way there are no suprises. And, if possible, have several dates before meeting your baby. I know it's a tough situation to be in and you feel like its going to be so hard to meet someone. But, I feel like, when it's right...it will just happen. Good luck to you and your baby! :)
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 4:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I got with my guy when my son was 3m. But we had known eachother for a yr before that. I think you should take it slow we had a hard time in the beginning because we rushed it.we ended up taking a 3week break after 4m but then we got back together and have a daughter and another on the way. he is the only daddy my son knows because his dad isn't in the pic. So like i said justake it slow dont put any presure on him and if you feel like it is moving to fast take a step back. I hope everything wworks out for you. GOOD LUCK
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 4:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• AGREE with the other....HONEST...and up front....my boyfriend knew all about my son before we even thought about getting together....we finally decided to date when he was about 4months old..and now have a child together...he loves both kids equally and sees them as both his. Being honest is the best way to go
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• You need to be upfront about having a child and hope that they accept that. Many men don't want that responsibility and its good to know that from the beginning. I would make sure you're looking in the right places too. Not saying that the right kind of guys only hang out in certain places, but just be aware of where you're looking. Good luck. I know if i wasn't with the guy I'm with now, which is my daughter's father, i honestly don't know where I would start looking.
    nel2359

Answer by nel2359 at 5:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Fortunatly, I met Craig WHILE i was still pregnant with my first daughter. It seemed weird at first. But i guess we were just went to meet at that specific time.

When you meet the right guy, it wont seem weird, and your son wont even be an issue. When that right guy comes along, he wil respect the fact that you are a mom and anyone who doesnt, then they arent good enough for you too anyway.

Be honest about being a mommy. Who knows you might bump into Mr. Right while you are at chucky cheese, or at the store, it happens in the weirdest places!
    mum_2_3

Answer by mum_2_3 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2008