Do You Believe The World Will End In 2012?

People are saying yes, no, maybe, they don't care.......

I have no clue what will happen. I am a woman of faith who knows everything happens for a reason. No ONE knows 100% when the world will end.... no one. Best guesses can be made, but no true facts.

Share what you think .... and please, let's all give each other some respect. No bashing. Everone is entitled to an opinion.

misskrissie

Asked by misskrissie at 1:42 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Yes, yes I do. Huzzah!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I believe in God and the Bibles prophecies. But I do not believe that the world will end in 2012. This idea is based on Aztec and Mayan prophecies that are proven to be wrong most of the time. It is a well known fact that the Mayans had their "visions" or made prophecies while using hallucenagenic agents.  I think that our society tends to blow alot of things out of proportion.  There is alot of research on these peoples that tells us that they were not accurate prophets. 

lvncntry

Answer by lvncntry at 1:57 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• No I don't believe it for several reasons. 1. The only reason this myth got started is the Egyptians made calendars that went up only to year 2012. They don't know when the end will come no more than you or I. They most likely thought the world would end before that or else got tired of making calendars. 2. The Bible says that none of us will know when the end of the world will be. It says when Jesus comes for His children, He will be "like a thief in the night". No one will know the day or the hour. 3. This is just an assumption that a lot of ppl jumped on the bandwagon with much like Y2K! Doesn't matter when the end comes for His children will all be ready and waiting.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• There is a post with this EXACT same question that was posted today and has more than 40 replies!! It's in this section!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• No. For the hundreds of times the logical reasons have been stated. But even if it did, what can you do about it?! There are no guarantees in life--which is why you should live everyday as if it were your last! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:28 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• No I don't - life's too short in general to worry about things like that. When it happens, it happens.

Besides - I have it on good authority that people mis-read the Mayan calendar. When we were in Cabo, I was told that it's only supposed to be a catastrophe, not the end of the world.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:53 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I believe the world will end eventually. It could end today; it could end some day in another 2000+ years; it could end some day next year. I don't know when it will happen, but I do know it will happen. The only thing I can do is to live each day to the best of my ability doing what I know I'm supposed to do.

And one of the things I'm supposed to do is to not worry. That's a tough one, but I'm working on it.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:55 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yes it may just end when the women on CM snap because this question is posted a gazzillion times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• If it is, why are we wasting time on the internet?! lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:14 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Deja Vu
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 20, 2011