Trying to lose weight for but it's hard.

I'm 35 and I'm trying to lose weight . I'm doing this on my own, because I don't have the money for the gym. But the problem is I don't know what foods to eat to get me going. I work it between 20 to 40 minutes a day on my wii. Plus I do and Jillian michaels workout. I just need help on what to eat or recipes. Or other exercises to do.

AJMcGuire

Asked by AJMcGuire at 2:12 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• It's extremely hard, but very much worth it in the long run. There's great places on the net to find low carb/high protein, fiber meal plans. You want to limit (or stop all together) your intake of processed foods...buy only lean meats, LEARN WHAT A PORTION REALLY LOOKS LIKE...I made that all caps because portioning is this country's WORST problem. Buy a food scale so you can get your meat portions correct....toss all the junk out of the house. Buy fresh fruit AND veggies to snack on (fresh, raw green beans are an AWESOME snack)....

Best of luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 11:21 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• " First" magazine has great articles for this. Fiber and carb, protein combinations seem the most practical. Every month there is something new and informative in this magazine. An interesting thing I had read a while back was to drink hot instead of cold fluids. Especially with and after food. It makes sense. When you think of the different characteristics food is at cold versus hot. ( especially the fats) Green, white and black teas are great as well.
    Good luck and have fun.. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 2:19 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• A diabetic "diet" lifestyle is the healthiest out there because it promotes healthy carbs, healthy proteins and plenty of fruits and veggies.

Basically what you want to try to eat are single servings of healthy proteins that are baked or grilled, anything from chicken breasts, salmon, tilapia, lean beef, thin cut lean pork chops, black beans, tofu. Pair it up with a small portion of a healthy carb: brown rice, whole grain pasta, a small baked potato, a small baked sweet potato. Then have a portion of veggies that takes up half the plate: steamed broccoli, peas, carrots, asparagus, zucchini, squash, cauliflower.

Flavor things with fresh garlic, onion, peppers, chicken broth (i cook rice in chicken broth for flavor and add cilantro)

Snack on things like raw veggies with or without hummus, light yogurt, whole grain toast, a rice cake, a pretzel rod, handful of nuts
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• 6 weeks, no sugar, no flour, no hydrogenated oil, in anything you eat. After 6 weeks, add whole wheat flour and pasta. It's the basic outline of the Prism diet.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• fruits, veggies,... google the food pyramid, proper serving sizes, and work from there.
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• try to keep lower carbs at dinner. make sure you get enough carbs, water and veggies, protein throughout the day look up healthy receipes on google good luck
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:15 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• read my hubbys blog. He goes to a gym but something might help you. it's chase-fat2fit.blogspot.com
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 2:15 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Drink whatever you weigh right now, half that number in ounces of water. If you weigh 150, drink 75 ounces of water daily. Take a mulitvitamin. Limit carbs to only in the a.m. and choose good ones like oatmeal, Cheerios, whole wheat toast. Do not add salt, sugar or butter to anything. Count calories. About 1200 for a woman is good to shoot for if you are exercising. Read food labels on everything. Don't drown your salad in dressing.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i have lost over 200lbs but it has taken 1yr all i did was eat less
    yes it will be hard put i had to do it ,there was not much food at the time my hubby lost his job so i ate less
    i also have stairs in my house so to go sewing room i would climb them i must do the stairs about 20 times or more down
    i also walk to town which is about 30min to walk up hill ,this work out as well
    underwear elastic tie not and use for legs while washing dishes
    dance around the house while cleaning
    but never give up at 53yrs old i now wear skinny jeans yes i look hot and so can you and good luck
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 3:25 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I love this website.
    http://www.eatingwell.com/
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2011