is it normal

Is it normal for my 2 1/2 year old girl to want to take off her clothes all the time. (only at our house, not out in public) Whenever we are home she will just start taking her clothes off. And when we put them back on she takes them right back off. I did this when I was little, my parents were so worried that my first day of school they would get a call saying I was running around the playground without clothes on. It never happened.

K-Chan

Asked by K-Chan at 2:17 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • Yes I think so my 3yr dose the same thing
    tinkermom7

Answer by tinkermom7 at 2:26 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• We were at my dads (we are over there almost everyday because dh work is 5 mins from my dads house and dd loves her papa) and my brother was over and she just started taking off her clothes and every time I would put them back on she would take them off so I just gave up (she was mainly in her play room anyway). And I guess my brother didn't like the fact that she was naked because he kept telling me to put her clothes back on (even after he seen me dress her and her take her clothes off about 3 times while he was there) I guess it made me question if its alright
    K-Chan

Comment by K-Chan (original poster) at 2:38 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• my daughter did this the other day. i think its a way of them showing us what they can do. a new skill in a way. my litlte girl did it the other day in her bedroom. it was the cutest thing.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:33 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I also have a 2.5 y/o DD and she will not leave her clothes on at all. She wont even sleep with clothes on. She will wake up in the middle of the night screaming and trying to pull her clothes off while she is have way asleep! I think they just like being free!!
    mommy-2-one

Answer by mommy-2-one at 2:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• When my dd started doing this, I bought her a doll that you can dress/undress and even a change or 2 of doll clothes. It worked wonderfully! TIP -- dig out a few of her smaller infant clothes and let her use them on her new baby! It's a lot less expensive!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2011