What's the story?

What's the story behind how you choose your child(ren)'s name? What names do you love so much, you'll someday use to name a child?

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 2:39 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Baby Names

• My husbands name is Jeremiah.  Our 4 year old has his name.  Our 3 year old daughter has the female version of his name Jamiah.  Our 3rd child (girl) got Makiah because my hub thought the meaning was beautiful, it means heavenly child and rhymes with our other kids names.  I am pregnant with a boy now and his name will be Malakiah.  So we'll have Jeremiah, Jamiah, Makiah, and Malakiah.  Works for us, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:58 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I wanted my daughters name to start with a V just like mine lol so we chose Veronica. then her middle name is after both of our moms Rosa and Maria so Rosemarie was chosen.
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 3:34 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My daughter's name is Scarlett Abigail. I got the name Scarlett from the actress Scarlett Pomers and I got the name Abigail from a character on Days of Our Lives. When I first saw the names I fell in love with them and knew instantly that that's what I wanted my first daughter's name to be.

My second child's name will either be Olivia Eindy or Oliver Liam. Oliver was my father in-law's middle name, Eindy was my mother in-law's middle name and Liam was the last four letters of my grandfather's first name. So the names have very special meaning to us.

I really love the name Willow but I doubt I'll ever get to use it.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• We just liked the names, they seemed to fit at the time when we were choosing. Although, my youngest is half named after my grandmother with a similar name and half named after a song that has special meaning to my husband and I.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 10:50 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• With my first I just loved his name, Camden, so much, his middle name is after my fiance's dad. They are like best friends. And my second we couldn't really agree. I wanted Jaxton, he wanted Anton. He said no way to Jaxton so my second choice was Cooper. He wasn't sure....when he was born I didn't think he looked like a Cooper so I reluctantly agreed to Anton. Then after wanting Anton for both boys he changed his mind and said he looked like a Cooper. So that's his name. Funny it's my idea and throughout the pregnancy I loved the name but I still almost a year later don't 100% feel like it suits him. Oh well. His middle name is after my uncle who passed away.

If our next baby is a girl it will be Alaina after my grandma, Elaine and my dad, Al. Her middle name will be Jean after my fiances grandma, his step mom, and my best friend. If it's a boy I have no idea on a first name but the middle name will be Alan.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:11 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My son's name is Christopher William, Christopher was my little brothers name who passed away years ago and William is my dad's middle name.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• my boyfriend liked the name isaac & i got the name felix from my uncle who passed away
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:12 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• my 1 yr old i named after his gma and gpa (their names mixed together)!!!
    jlap

Answer by jlap at 11:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• As a child, Elizabeth Taylor was an idol! It was her lavendar eyes that did it. I always wished for a daughter with light colored eyes. My daughter (that I call Beth) was born with pale green eyes. I've always loved that name.
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 1:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011