My son is about to be 15 months old on the 30th and he keep taking off his dipper what can i do

Is it time for potty training?????

desi8809

Asked by desi8809 at 3:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if he is showing signs then i would start potty training. A really good trick is to tell him to sink the fruit loops and then give him a m&m of the same color
    sweetheart88

Answer by sweetheart88 at 3:13 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• when all my 5 kids did it i would tuck tape it yup it is time to potty train
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 3:13 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My daughter has been doing that since she was 8-9 months old. Once she figured out how, it was a constant struggle. And I can guarantee you it isn't time to potty train her now and she's 19 months old.

Keeping pants or a onesie on is the way we deal with it here. She never just runs around in her diaper. We did buy her a potty seat, but she pays little attention to it and usually screams when we put her on it, so she definitely isn't ready for it... She just likes to be naked. =)

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:26 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• You could try potty training but his urethra may not be mature enough yet... What I did when my daugther (she was around 9 months) did that was put the diaper on backwards. It works for a while until they figure it out. Even then it's harder to reach.
    casicielo

Answer by casicielo at 4:40 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Onesies.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:11 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would try the potty training thing. Kids start to show signs between 18 months and 2 years, if you don't jump on it, you could be potty training until he is 3 or 4. Some people may say this is early although I don't think so. Also, it doesn't hurt to try as long as you have the time to do it and are going to be consistant with it. If you start and it doesn't work then you could try the onies. Also, if you don't want to start trying potty training then I would talk to him about taking his diaper off and why he shouldn't. Again people might think I am crazy, kids are smarter then we think and even at his age he should understand "Don't take your diaper off."

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:12 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Definitly time for potty-training!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2011