How do I tell my step-daughters mom to respect my new baby??

Here's the deal...I've been married to Kayla's dad for 5 yrs, I have NEVER had a problem w/ her mom, we actually get along. I had a baby 2 wks ago and she has upset me so much. She has stuck her dirty finger in my baby's mouth, tried to give her a dirty pacifier, basically she doesn't respect the fact that she's a NEW baby and that I might be a little paranoid...how can I tell her to back off my child??

Ellsmommy27

Asked by Ellsmommy27 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First off I would be as nice as could be, I would make statements like could you please wash your hands before holding the baby. Suggest that you will wash the pacifier before the baby takes it. Another way to tackle it is to ask questions like "Is that really OK to do?" Personally I'm not the come off strong type and try not to offend people, like others might suggest.

Peace, <>
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 4:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• simple like that. Tell her your a new mom and want to do things your way. That you want her in a safe environment, and that this is YOUR baby. She probably went through it too and hopefully will understand.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• What I do when my husband's ex-wife picks up, smiles at and touches my son is scream, really loudly, inside my head, "GET YOUR F*$^ING HANDS OFF MY BABY YOU WRETCHED, DISEASED, MONEYGRUBBING, WH@RE!!!!"

Then I smile and say outloud, "I think he looks a little like << younger stepson's name >>, don't you?" and smile again. And then leave as soon as humanly possible.

Then I scrub baby in a nice, warm bath to remove all of the infecting toxin that Satan's Spawn left on him.

Then I scream at my husband for a few hours that it's all his fault, somehow. I'm sure it is!

I know. I'm no help at all. I just feel your pain. If it were anyone else in the world we could just scream, "Get your filthy damned fingers outta my baby's mouth, you moron!!"
    Anonymous

• Jjust if u ever have her and someone else in the house over, like try to invite a friend over when she comes just say out loud, now everyone has to wash their hands good before holding the baby. I'd not let her over at all
    Anonymous