im new to the area im living in are there any tips for meeting new friends?

sweetheart88

Asked by sweetheart88 at 3:10 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Volunteer at your kids school. Church. Starbucks lol...good luck.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 3:15 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Thanks for the tips
    sweetheart88

Comment by sweetheart88 (original poster) at 3:16 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I joined CM for the that reason (except I haven't moved) lol. Pay attention to the users who post to your questions- maybe you will stumble across someone in your area. ;-)
    Decksm

Answer by Decksm at 3:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Church, grocery store, WalMart, check Craigslist for groups in your area
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 5:26 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• yes, just start talking to people. everywhere.
    talk to the bank tellers, the checkout people, the pizza guy, staff at the dentist office, everyone.
    if you go to church, meet and greet everyone
    if your kids are into sports get them into some groups or clubs, or teams sports
    The best way I have found to make friends quickly with women in a new town is to remove the word " I " from my vocabulary.
    Instead of saying " I love that sweater" say " you look great in that sweater" and sometimes just a quick touch on the shoulder or a pat on the back also helps.
    People want people to like them, and when they feel that you genuinely like them, it's easy from the get go.
    GL!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:14 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• welcome to cafemom & you can find friends by going to mommygroups & you can make friends that way goodluck mama i hope you make alot friends
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 20, 2011