A mother and a lover

Is it possible to meet the expectations of both? Okay, I know this may sound like a silly question - but in all seriousness I would like to hear how you manage both tasks. Tell me what has worked for you, or just give me some advice! To help you understand my question, let me provide some detail.

Sunday: Significant other home typically all day and night
Monday: Significant other leaves at 1pm (inventory at work) home around 6pm- Some nights he goes into work 8pm-about 3:45am
Tuesday: Leaves house at 11am returns home around 5pm. For the most part he is off on Tuesdays (unless they need a manager then same hours as above)
Wednesday: Leaves house about 2:00pm returns home around 6pm. Leave for work at 8pm home around 4:15am
Thursday: Leaves around noon returns home around 6pm- leaves for work 8pm returns home around 4:15am
Friday: & Saturday Home during the day- leaves for work at 7pm home about 5:ooam

Okay now you have seen his schedule- He manages 2 bars so on the weekends he is at lets call it Job1, and Job2 is the rest of the nights. The hours during the day that he is gone he is doing liquor inventory and waiting on the vendors (well Tuesdays and Thursdays-days), the hours he is gone on Mondays and Wednesdays-days, he is in school.
I have cut all my classes strictly to online this semester because I can barely manage that anymore. He is constantly on the go- I have a hard time sleeping at night without him (I use to be a 3rd shifter myself). Sleep is rare around here, so we are ALWAYS exhausted. Well, all except our son... Who never takes naps let me tell you...So daytime is out of the question, and by night i'm so exhausted my eyes burn... We have been doing this now for 5 years. As our son gets older... it gets harder. So for all the moms out there that have managed to conquer both these tasks- please fill me in...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I've done all of that. 3rd shift,baby to take care of, dh working 2 jobs. It sucks. All I can say is try to get both of your off days on the same days and use those days to relax. I had to constantly fight to keep the same off days so that I could have time with dh. It eventually led me to quit my job I was so sick of it. Maybe see if you can get a teenager for a few hours to help watch your son while you catch up on sleep. You'll still be in the house so it'll be safe and everything. You can see if your mom or dh's mom could help. Maybe an Aunt? Cousin? Friend?
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:31 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Your so right! Why doesn't anyone pass the memo down that getting older is hard haha... Looking back I completely understand why my mom was always so frustrated with us. She didn't have CafeMom, or social networking- I can't imagine.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:51 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Next time you and hubby have the same day off get a sitter and have some alone time.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:57 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• yeah nexttime when you want some alone time get a sitter & have some alone time with you hubby
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 20, 2011