im 300 lbs, husband has lost intrest. please help me out..

diets that actually work? please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Drink water, tons of it. Make it your new best friend. Take a multivitamin everyday. Write down everything you eat each day. Walk at least 30 mins a day. limit your calorie intake to about 1200. Do not add salt, sugar or fat to anything. Eat carbs only at breakfast and eat the good ones like oatmeal, Cheerios, whole wheat toast. Don't drown the salad in dressing. Read the labels on everything. Get a buddy that will help cheer you on. I'll continue to help you throughout if you like. GL!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:36 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would like to thank both SweetloveofMine & the questioner.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 3:50 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Also, I think there is a weight loss group on here. They could be very supportive too. Look under groups.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Exercie regularly and in moderation and chew slowly. Give your brain time to tell you that your full. Also, don't get discouraged if you eat out or overeat one time. Just do a little more exercise than usual to make up for it. Good luck!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 7:11 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• You need to start writing down everything you eat. Try Sparkpeople or fitday. Both sites have places you can track how many calories you are eating and how many you should be eating. Start exercising but don't overdo at first so you keep up with it. Add a little more each week. If you have a bad day don't give up just do better the next day.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 7:19 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I'm a firm believer in becoming educated in weight loss before starting down that road. The more we know, the easier it is to lose. Sparkpeople.com is an awesome site with profiles, friends, groups, recipes, tools and much more, definitely check it out. I wrote a journal post about calories in and calories out, not real long but it will get you started on figuring out how much you should expect to lose with helpful tips and tools. I hope you find it helpful, good luck!!

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:30 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would check with a doctor before you start anything. Make sure you have no health issues to deal with.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:57 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• More activity less calories is the best way to go
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Eat less, move more, drink more water. That's the only real way to go.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• diet & exercise is the only sure way. Keep a food journal, it will make you more accountable. Set goals & have non food rewards for when you reach them.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2011