How can I get my 2 yr old in her own bed?

My 2 year old sleeps in bed with her father and I and I would like my bed back! The problem is that her dad does not want her to sleep in her own room. She was a really sick baby and she quit breathing a couple of times when she was around 8 or 9 months old and that is when she was put into our bed and has been there since. Her dad is afraid that something will happen to her if she isn't in our bed at night and is also afraid that putting her in her room by herself will scare her too much. Does anyone have any suggestions?

mommy-2-one

Asked by mommy-2-one at 3:38 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put her in her bed and stay in there with her a few nights. Adapt gradually.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:39 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yes, do it gradually by you taking turns in there on the floor or something. Plus have a monitor so you can hear what is going on. She has done fine since the problem, right?. Ask doctor what the chances are that she will have future problems. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:03 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I agree with the previous answers. Just put her in her own bed and put a monitor in there. Make sure her father goes with you to the doctor so he can alleviate his fears.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:10 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• If you have a pack and play, put her in there for a few nights in your room, each night a bit further from the bed. then into her room, and from there to the crib. Should help ease both her and dad into it.
    LadyMorrgian

Answer by LadyMorrgian at 5:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2011