Crochet headband with bow or flowers

I want to make my baby girl a couple of those really nice headbands with flowers that many moms advertise on here. I'm also taking up bow making. Anyway, I just need to know what kind or yarn is best for those kind of projects. Obviously they have to be soft and stretchy. Any suggestions, plz bump so I can get answers.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 3:45 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I prefer the nylon bands. Not a fan of the crochet ones. And nylon bands are often times used with the flowers or bows as well, and 1. Are much less labor intensive, and 2. Offer a cleaner look, which I totally dig.

Here's an example of what I like :

Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:49 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• These are fantastic. Are there directions on youtube? I wonder if you can use the large bands for them.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:04 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• The elastic ones are super easy to make... If you truly want to crochet, find a good lace pattern and use a nylon stretch yarn. you'll have to watch yourself though, because if your tension is too tight it won't stretch enough. If its not tight enough it'll fall apart or pucker.

Eyelet lace is also great for headbands, you can pair it with elastic, and any ribbon you like.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:00 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• You can often get the stretchy nylon headbands in so many colors in dollar stores. Then all you have to do is embellish with flowers or bows. Must less inexpensive and time consuming. With all that extra time not crocheting them you can make her one in every color! Lucky little girl!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2011