My son just pooped his bed at 1:30 this morning... adult content

My 5 year old son told me that he woke up after he pooped the bed. It was like a thick diarrhea,but he is not showing any other signs of illness so maybe it was just something he ate.I think it was too much red vines.
I got my son all cleaned up,gave him a bath,changed his sheets,steam cleaned the poop out of the carpet and ventilated out most of the smell.
My question is, Is it normal to have these feelings of resentment and anger about having to clean up the poop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I dont think anyone is going to be happy about cleaning that kind of mess in the middle of the night.........Im sure he didnt mean to do it and your a great mom for taking care of him........Hope he is okay and your able to relax today.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 5:53 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It is not resentment towards him. You are just tired and maybe you want help from your husband. You know that your son did not do it to you. Poor Boy. I hope it is a one time thing and he is fine in the morning. Try to get a little sleep.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I think so. I am usually pissed at dad though, since he seems to have the right to sleep through any of those late nite sick fests.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:18 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• try doing it every night!
    its normal. i love my son, but i hate how he refuses to use the toilet. he is 5 also.........
    but this doesn't sound like refusal, just a sick tummy! poor guy!
    yeah, where was dad???? lol
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Dad was at work.
    The resentment was not toward my husband though. He didn't even pop into my mind as I was cleaning.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I'm sorry you have to do that so much mama2of2.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Smiles..
    What you are feeling is VERY NORMAL!!!! S**T, It Happens!
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 1:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Shame. Myself-cleaning poo not to bad,but i cant stand cleaning puke. Feeling angry is normal for that time of the morning. Hope it doesn't happen again. :-)
    Dezitwins

Answer by Dezitwins at 3:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2011