Insurance companies. . . ARGGGHHH!!!

Has anyone else had trouble with Aetna insurance? We keep getting bill after bill that our insurance was supposed to pay. We call them and they say that it will be paid eventually. Well in the mean time they keep sending us collection notices and saying that they are going to garnish our tax returns! Just because the insurance company is slow it should not put a ding in our credit.

jacy3031

Asked by jacy3031 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Health

• I don't have Aetna but aI haven't heard many good things about them. My friend actually has Aetna and Ameriplan. She went to get a prescription and with Aetna it was going to cost her $200 so she pulled out her Ameriplan card to see what would happen....it would only be around $90! So, in that case Ameriplan was actually BETTER then Aetna...if that tells you anything! I am sorry you are going through this. Insurance companies are a pain to deal with. I hope you get everything figured out soon :-)
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 4:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• continued. . . Also, one agency is saying that we have to pay them reguardless and we will have to take it up with our insurance provider. It's hard to even tell what is a bill to us and what will eventually be paid by insurance! Why does it have to be so complicated? Why can't the insurance company deal with all this we sure pay them enough!!! So frustrating!
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I was going to tell you a very similar story to her's actually... SO I am going to say you won't find many happy people with Aetna. Ameriplan on the other hand I have and love so go figure...

Sabrina
    www.lowcostbenefitsplans.com

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2008