what does your preschooler eat for lunch?

my 4 year old goes to a school where i have to send her a lunch. they will not heat or refidgerate anything so my options are pretty much limited to a sandwhich or a lunchable. she hates lunchables so i send a different kind of sandwhich with a cold pack to keep it fresh. anyway, when i picked her up yesterday, her teacher told me she's eating every stitch of her lunch & still hungry! i typically just send a whole sandwhich, a juicebox, and either an applesauce, or frozen fruit sorbet, pudding, fruit cup, stuff like that. just a sandwhich, drink & side. so now im going to have to include something else in there too so she fills up. i was thinking i should add 2 slices of meat to her sandwhiches instead of the usual one i put on (didn't think she would eat that much, but apparently so) and a yogurt since yogurt can be filling. what does yours eat?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• A sandwich with varying fillings. A yoghurt stick or pot. A piece of fruit. A light treat type snack, such as chocolate or a biscuit or two. & a drink obviously. Sometimes a few crisps if she's going to be there all day for break time.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:32 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• A normal lunch for my 5 year old is a sandwich (usually ham since that is what she wants), a peeled hard boiled egg, a frozen tube of yogurt (we do stonyfield farms), carrots with ranch dip, and she has a milk at school. If he asks for it i will add a banana sometimes. They do not heat any of this up for him and I send it with 2 small frozen packs in her lunch box so that if it is not all eaten i can put it away for lunch tommorow.
    crunchy_erin

Answer by crunchy_erin at 7:33 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• For lunch he eats two hot dogs, or 6 chicken nuggets or a sandwich plus a pickle and some kind of side-either fruit or cheez-its or crackers of some kind and his drink. He gets a morning snack and an afternoon snack as well. Usually for morning snack I send either a banana or cereal and a yogurt and for afternoon he gets an apple or grapes and a drink.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:47 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I send my 3.5 year-old lunch when she does not like what's on the menu -- she usually has a sandwich (with crust off so it's MUCh smaller) --- chips or goldfish -- dessert of her choice (pudding/fruit cup/cookies) -- and a sliced apple or carrot sticks. Works for us! We used to be at a daycare that wouldnt heat or refrigerate anything -- I changed daycares:-)
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2011