Is This Bragging? (Updated with Photos)

Please, you won't hurt my feelings - I didn't think it was, maybe I was wrong.

My DH is in Louisville working this week, and staying at our new house (we move on the 31st). He took yesterday off to have the cable turned on, and to accept delivery of a washer/dryer set, bed, and install two flat screen tv's.

In the morning, he sent me a pic of my new washer/dryer set, I posted it to Facebook, saying that I was bummed I couldn't use it for 11 days.

Later in the day, he sent me a pic of the tv. He got HUGE one, and installed it over the mantle in the family room. I posted a pic, saying "Do you think he got a big enough tv? LOL"

My closer friends know how badly I've wanted the new washer/dryer set, and how disappointed I am that I can't use it. They also know that my DH is famous for over-doing things.

One of my not-so-close friends sent me a message that I shouldn't be bragging on Facebook when so many people have it so hard. I thought I was sharing progress on getting the new house ready - I'm not a bragger.

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 7:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I dont think you are or was bragging I think you are just happy and proud of it and you have every right to be.. I know a few people that have said the the same thing about stuff Ive posted and I think its just them being petty.. More so bc they had to go behind my back and say it.. And the way I see it is if they dont like what you do dont look at it and dont talk about it bc its nothing to them But some people have to be childish ( like so called friends and so called family members ) just cut them outta your life I did and Im better off for it.. Good luck dealing with people like that
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would not consider it bragging. I would also guess that the not-so-close friend that sent you the message is the one having it hard right now. We we bought our house we put pictures up of everything. That is why we use facebook. To share our happy, exciting times with everyone that can't be right there with us. I see no problem with what you did. Congrats on the new house and everything that goes with it!
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 7:33 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• its not bragging them most of the people i know brag all the time. it just the way to share with others on facebook. congrats on the new home.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:37 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• NO!!!
    It's not bragging.
    Not everyone is out of work, and just because you guys are doing well that doesn't mean you have to sit in the corner and be quiet!
    When everyone was doing well it was never seen as bragging, it was seen as the thing to do in this country.
    I say phooey on them, and enjoy your new stuff!! I am tickled for you and wish you the best with your move, pray for continued prosperity and many new friends at your new place.
    Post those pictures if you want to girl!!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:08 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Sounds like a bit of jealousy--your true friends will be happy that you got the new washer/dryer and laugh because boys and their toys just get bigger the older they get---LOL did you get a front loader? I have one and love being able to do larger loads and do my blankets at home.
    lecates

Answer by lecates at 8:11 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I dont think it was bragging, maybe you should delete her off your page sounds like she is jealous :)
    sunshine6384

Answer by sunshine6384 at 8:18 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I don't think it's bragging. Your husband worked hard to buy those things. I got accused last year of showing off our "new" car ( we got a 2002 Mustang convertible) to an ex-friend who was allegedly struggling. First of all, she didn't even know we GOT the car until I was leaving the park and she saw me getting in it and driving away. I didn't even SAY anything to her about getting a "new" car. Second, her husband turned down a job when he was unemployed so I lost all sympathy for her alleged situation and found out a bunch of other things. Third, my husband works very hard to provide for us and drove total pieces of crap for years before we bought the Mustang. I'm not going to apologize for that.

Sorry, I went off on a rant there. Congratulations on your new appliances!!! Enjoy them!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:09 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• No, I would not consider that bragging, I see people do that all the time on Facebook, not a big deal. What I do find a big deal is the person that had the audacity to send you a message like that. Some people need to learn to keep their jealous thoughts to themselves. Congrats on your new home and washer/dryer!! I always get excited when I get new things that make my life easier. lol

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• you bragger, ok just kidding it isnt bragging your just proud of what you have and there is nothing wrong with that at all. your friend doesnt sound like a very good friend at all she should be happy for you and for what you have. instead she is up set that she doesnt have the same stuff. she is the one being stupid and evil.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 8:11 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would not consider that bragging. I think your 'friend' is jealous or has a case of envy because you have the new tv and she doesn't so she made that post to try to make you feel bad (and herself feel good). I say post all the pictures you want, you and your husband worked hard and you have a right to be happy about the new house and new things! Congrats and best wishes on your move!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:14 AM on Jan. 20, 2011