weight loss

My dh does not want me to lose weight. When I am dieting he wants to eat fast food all the time. Wants me to fix very fattening foods with our meals. I was 115 when we met. I think he likes it this way. Doesn't have to worry about anyone looking at me. Anyone else ever been in this situation? He doesn't think about it health wise at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I have not been in this situation, my husband is always very supportive in that area. If your DH wants to eat fast food, let him, but you don't have to eat it and when he wants you to fix fattening meals, just make something else for yourself. It will be a lot more tough without his support but you can do it. Good luck to you:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:04 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I haven't had this situation. I think you need to have a long talk with your husband. your health should be more important than his ego.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:55 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My husband likes me how I am also but he wouldnt discourage me if I wanted to change.
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 10:28 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My dh is not like this. If you want to lose weight, you do not need his permission. Nor do you need to announce that you're on a diet. Just gradually change your diet, and he'll be healthier too.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• talk to him about his insecurities!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Ya, I feel like I know what you're talking about. It has nothing to do with you though, it's really about how he feels about himself. I would want to try even harder if I knew he DIDN"T want me too!! Haha I'm getting sexy boo!!! Just don't tell him you're doing it. Tell him, that sounds gross, I'm not hungry, I'm fixing it healthy for the kids, ect. It's like a secret little game you play, he doesn't know about it, you win.
    Good luck. You don't need his approval. Other men are gonna look at you anyway:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 4:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• my husband is worse then me when it comes to his weight and how he looks.. bottom line wheather or not he wasnts to support you you need to do what makes you feel good.. just because he eats fast food doesn't mean you need to
    big_red05

Answer by big_red05 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• my SO just simply likes food that isn't good for you, and honestly so do i... so when he gets a chance, he brings home or buys things that aren't healthy... they are tempting, but it's not to "keep" me a certain way... if your SO is that way i would rethink your relationship...
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My dad was like that with my mom. He also made her get ugly hair cuts, and wouldn't let her wear make up. Then she left.

Just because he eats one way doesn't mean you have to. DH is stuck with what I cook, but he gets his own foods as well, and as much as I hate that he's keeping those foods in the house and getting them (and setting that example to our son), it's his choice and his body.

You might want to reassure him that while men may look, only he gets to touch.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:51 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I have not but my sister once was. It actually got bad too. He ended up not wanting her to wear make up or dress nice either. I would talk to him about this and make sure he knows why you want to do it.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2011