Present For My Kids?

My DD11 and DS13 have been a major help to me this week. I really messed my knee up last Thursday, and just can't get around. (I have an appt. with an ortho tomorrow). My DH is out of town until Friday night. They have been helping with the packing, cooking, and watching after DS3. They haven't complained, and have done things that I didn't even ask them to do just because they knew it needed to be done. I've been telling them how great they've been, and thanking them, but I'd like to do something special for them.

Any ideas for a thank-you present? We are moving, so I was thinking maybe I could get them things for their room - but I guess that seems like something I would have done anyway?

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 8:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• Maybe take them put for a special dinner, tell the server whey you are there - let them even order desert maybe?? Praise is really the best gift you can give. When they know how much it means to you I think that makes them feel good... and the fact that you tell complete strangers how awesome your kids are carries a lot of weight.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:28 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• (LOL.. I meant *out* not *put*... darn laptop keyboard AKA: I type terrible ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• That's a really good idea, Crafty! Thank you so much :)
    Scuba

Comment by Scuba (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2011