Anyone stayed on Grand Cayman Island?

We are planning our next trip to the Caymans and was wondering where the best places to stay are. Hotels? Condos? They seem to be about the same per night..
Any other fun things to do besides watersports?

bookmommy

Asked by bookmommy at 8:40 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Travel

• Well, it's still a water sport, but swimming with the string rays was AMAZING! I'd highly recommend it! The Marriott there is GORGEOUS.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:44 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• my parents used their time share and stayed in a condo! they saved a ton making their own meals! and my parents are water people they loved just being on the beach, and i agree with above the sting rays were amazing!! my dad is still talking about it and they went in june lol
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:02 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I am going in April on a cruise- We will be there for just one day. They do have a naice travel website- I already checked it out. Eric Ripert has a restaurant at the Ritz on the Island. I have heard it is expensive. I can see why- everyhting must be brought in.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:39 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• We did an excursion to the turtle farm there...kids were only interested for few minutes and we didn't care as much...so I wouldn't do that if you see it advertised. We did however go to Hell. that was pretty interesting to see this large black rocks in beautiful Cayman.
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 11:44 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• no but im interested
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011