Do you think this is strange of my dh and his family?

I am due any day now...I have already been in labor and it was stopped, still having contractions.

But my dh and his sister keep telling me about how neat it would be to have the baby today...on their paw paws birthday...he is passed away.

But my issue with this is that he molested his children when they were young...my MIL and her sisters.....mainly when he was drunk and supposedly in his older years quit drinking and "changed" The grandchildren were never allowed to spend the night with him, but otherwise was treated as an award winning grandpa...I have never understood this.

But WHY WHY WHY would anyone (especially my dh) want his dd to be born on his paw paws birthday when he was that type of man? I personally would be very dissapointed if I went into labor today.

Wanna know something ironic...I keep wondering if I AM IN LABOR....feeling crampy and still having some moderate contractions, though irregular...

PLEASE WAIT TILL TOMORROW!!!! Am I mean or wrong in feeling this way? Do you think DH and SIL are strange for keeping on bringing this up as if it would be a great thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• They are probably remembering the "good" part of the man, but no, I would not want my daughter born in that light.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• yes, i wouldnt want my child born on some mans birthday that molested children how creepy is that. cross those legs lady at least until tomorrow. keep your feet up and drink lots of water and hope that it doesnt happen today.
    on the other hand people tend to want to remember only the good in a lost one and forget all the bad they may have been so that may be the case.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• absolutely not!!! I cant blame you. i would be talking to my baby too telling him/her to stay put. i know you dont want that hanging in the back of your mind every birthday celebration. and its just gonna piss you off everytime somebody brings up that they share a birthday, cause you know its gonna happen. be really lazy today and dont do too much walking around. squeeze your legs really tight and hold that baby in there lol.
    RishawnsMom

Answer by RishawnsMom at 9:22 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• and its just gonna piss you off everytime somebody brings up that they share a birthday,

OMG I hadnt thought of that!!! Thats all his family would be able to say to me!!! I just know it! UGGGG!!! It grosses me out and I dont understand why it doesnt gross them out too?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Maybe they are trying to shed some good light on the day?? Whether he was a bad person or not he was still their dad. He may not have been perfect and maybe he did change when he got older. i don't know the whole story and I am not asking for it. But your feelings are your own and they are genuine so they aren't "wrong" by any means. However if baby is born today there's not much you can do to prevent it. You'll just have to deal with your issues. And yes, they are YOUR issues. Don't know why you hate the man so much especially since he has passed on. your DH and sister have obviously forgiven and moved forward you need to do the same.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I wouldn't want my Son to be Born on such a terrible person's birthday..but maybe they are trying to look past what he did and just remember their father. Besides, speaking ill of the dead is just disrespectful, no matter what the person did in their lifetime..I'm sure they wouldn't want to do that and this is a way of showing respect for their deceased father - as well as wanting to honor his memory.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:42 AM on Jan. 20, 2011