I want my couch and living room back......

My husband's friend is always staying over here because he doesnt like staying in the barracks. They both work night, so when the get here in the morning they sleep all day, well since my hubby's friend sleeps on the couch i have to stay in my daughters room all day so i dont wake him up. im sick of it. i cant clean, do laundry or even watch tv. I've tried talking to my husband about it but he says he doesnt want to be mean and tell his friend he cant stay over here. I dont mind if he comes over every now and then, but everyday..no i just hate that i cant get anything done. once they leave for work im so tired and ready to go to bed, but cant because i have to clean and get the laundry and dishes done. does anyone have any advice to this. i could really use some. thanks

cmjt

Asked by cmjt at 4:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• hun thats YOUR house, you do what you need to do, if the friend doesn't like it, he has an alternative place to stay. You cannot walk on egg shells for someone else in your home and if your hubby cant stand by you on that then he has some growing up to do
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 4:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I'd do housework around him ,screw that it's ur house. I know that sounds rude but is his friend helping with the bills?? Even if he is, it's ur house and u shouldn't have to be stuck in one room. I'd pack his stuff up when he leaves for work and don't care what ur hubby says. Tell him the house can't get clean by itself and ur not sleeping during the day either. Did ur hubby ask u if he could stay everyday?? KICK HIM OUT who cares what ur hubby says or, move out urself for a few days and see what he says
    Anonymous

• Turn on the TV and also vacuum your floor if you want too, whether he is there or not. He has a place to stay in the barracks. To bad so sad that he doesn't like it, its HIS home now. This is your home and you should NOT cater to him by staying away from your things. Ha, turning on vacuum may make him want to stay in the barracks or listening to a soap opera or something . Wash your clothes when you want and if your husband doens't like it, tell him to stay in the barracks too
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I had the SAME problem and I got soooo sick and tired of tip toeing around MY HOUSE. What I did was I stop caring. When I woke up I went around the house and did my normal activity's (laundry,dishes,vaccuming,ect.) He will eventually get the picture.
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 4:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Go about your day.

Do not cater to someone who obviously doesn't get it.. In the barracks he can sleep.. Do the dishes.. run the vaccum, let you baby plaY!!!!

Make meals, bake... mop the floor, run errands.. bang the door alot.. have your friends call you.. make it a situation that is NOT ideal for sleepovers. :)

Above all.. Tell him that you can't live like this anymore.. be nice.. say he is welcome for dinner.. but sleepovers on the couch are out"... If you have to be the mean guy to help hubby save face then so be it!!
    StarMommy77

Answer by StarMommy77 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• LOL.. I just thought of this.. have a playdate at YOUR house!! LOL.. :)
    StarMommy77

Answer by StarMommy77 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Make him sleep in the bed with your hubby,that will fix them both,Good luck
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I kinda agree with #2 answer. I don't care what my hubby says, I cook and clean, so I make the decisions. He works and brings in the money, I work too a little cause I want too, but I make the decisions, and you won't get an arguement from him.
    To answer---Put your foot down and tell him how it is going to be.
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 8:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2008