How long would you wait?

I have Christmas presents sitting here for a friend of mine and her family. I told her it's here, and she never got back in touch with me. Some of it is semi-perishable (homemade chocolates.) that have been taking up room in my refrigerator. . how long would you wait before eating or tossing the chocolates? And I have toys for her little girls, should I keep them ready for them in the event that I see them sometime soon, or just let my son have them since he's been eying the gift bags since before Christmas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Holidays

• I would call her or email her today and tell her about the chocolates. if she doesnt come then i would start eating them tonight. as for the gifts. i would put those up somewhere your child cant see them and wait for her to get them or next time you see them.
    marinewife0311

Answer by marinewife0311 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• christmas is long gone
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:27 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• You could take them to her. Or mail them. I think it is strange that you are asking her to come around to pick up the loot.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:27 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• eat the choclates but keep the toys for your friend. Maybe call her again and ask if she would like to come over :-)
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 9:27 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would have mailed them to her a long time ago. Why is it her responsibility to pick them up?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:32 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• We live in the same town. She drives, and I don't have a license. I can't afford to send them to her..it's a heavy box of chocolates, since I made enough for the entire family.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• So she knows that there are presents for her at your house?  And didn't bother to show up and get them.  I say they are fair game.  If I was nice enough (and yes this has happened to me) to buy someone/make someone something and they didn't even bother to show up even after Christmas, I would definitely pass it out.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:40 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Call her and say "Hey, I have this stuff here for you, but if you aren't going to be able to make it we're just going to use the stuff." .. Just be blunt.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• You could try and remind her one last time and if nothing then I say go for it.. Theres nothing that says you cant and it kinda seems like she doent want them
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 1:02 AM on Feb. 14, 2011