hot scortching shower or cold shower?

even though in my mind neither is fine to do for discpline for any child. but there was something on dr. phil(which was on here as a question). that got me thinking. the cold shower was better then a hot shower. neither one is right i know that. don't bash. but truthfully cold is better then hot. especially if hot you can give them burns and that can scar. not sure if you can get frost bite from a shower. thoughts? again ladies i am not for this at all so i am was just wondering.

i did not think that the hot sauce was right either it was just on my mind. so i thought i would put it out there.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 9:31 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I agree with the poster, it's better than a hot shower. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:58 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i saw that episode of Dr. Phil. That lady was being abusive, flat out abusive. Cold Showers, Hot showers, hot sauce on the tongue, that's all forms of torture, and it's abuse.

I had a freind who used to use hot sauce on her kids tongues when they mouthed off. I told her that was abuse and she needed to stop immediately. It could have cause physical problems (burning the throat),and that was not dicipline, it was punishment.

What i don't get is WTH do parents think? Punishment is NOT discipline. Abuse is NOT discipline. Discipline can and should be respectful to the child.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:41 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I dont agree with this particular pratice.
    marinewife0311

Answer by marinewife0311 at 9:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Oh no!
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:37 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Neither. My kids have sensory issues and having a scorching hot or cold shower would be torture for them. When my niece was a baby and little girl her mother would give her scalding hot baths because "hot water gets you clean". Well that little girl was so traumatized and had such a fear of baths that she would claw you to pieces if you even tried to get her near a bathtub!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:38 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• well ofcourse neither but there was this woman. again it was some sort of dr. phil on utube someone put on here. the mother put hot sauce in this little boys mouth and then a cold shower for lying. now i was thinking well ofcourse its bad. but is it better then a hot scotching shower? i am so sorry about your niece.

both are torture no doubt in my mind. but if this godforsaken woman who should not be a mother no doubt abou tthat did a hot shower do you think her child would be taken away because there would be physical evidence no doubt about that. now maybe this whole shower thing is used for abuse so there are no signs of abuse. its total abuse.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 9:42 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i am not asking if you agree or disagree. the question is that would a cold shower in this instance be better then a hot sower. ofcourse i hope noone agrees with either. just putting it out there. maybe its just a way of getting everyone think about forms of abuse. invisible signs in this case. would we look at this mother even worse then we alredy do if she was burning her son with hot water and being even angrier at her.

lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 9:47 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• if my mom would have caught us swearing she would have slapped our faces, never once swore at my mother or in a conversation around her and i respected her no matter what. kids dont even respect their parents these days and think every thing should be given to them. that is why so many dont want to have to actually work for any thing in life they want a free ride. and if it was me i think cold shower, not like i have done it, but cold is better then burns.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 9:52 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• def cold is better, but both are unexceptable. my son is having problems with going to the bathroom in his pants, just b/c he feels like it. one night i had about enough of it and put him in the shower.....i did make cool, not cold. it didn't do anything, and would never would do it again. i felt too bad about it, even though it was just above warm. and now that i think about it, punishing him with something that should be a good thing-shower or bath time- is pointless and will just make him not want to do it.
    the hot sauce is stupid to, it could cause throat issues like burning, or he could asperate it and choke. ive never and would never do that!.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 9:58 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I agree with mrssundin. When I was growing up if I did something wrong Iwas punished for it. That is what is wrong with alot of the kids these days, no parenting. Then they wonder why their dear kids get into trouble. WTH. Anyway, I would do the cold shower if I had to choose.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:12 AM on Jan. 20, 2011