Chronic Insomnia Sufferers

Do you suffer from chronic insomnia? I have for about 1 yr. I assume it is related to Menopause as I am 44 and have some other symptoms.
I went on Zoloft which has helped the moodiness but still can't sleep. I can usually fall asleep ok but wake after about 2 hrs.
I have tried all of the suggesstions like Valerian, Melatonin, meditation, relaxation techniques, even rx meds, but nothing works.
I'd love to hear from any of you who have found something that helps.
Thanks : )

dharmagirl

Asked by dharmagirl at 9:57 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Health

• Limit caffeine, try epsom salt baths before bedtime (great detoxifier and for most, the magnesium aids in sleep) and take a calcium-magnesium supplement before bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Caffeine can stay in your system for a full 8 hours. Cut it out of your diet completely. They say the very best thing is to get regular, daily exercise.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:00 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• GNC has "Melatonin"... natural, safe, and helps
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:22 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• yoga, I've had insomnia since I was a kid. I cut out caffeine, "stimulation" before bed (movies, bright lights, etc) Yoga and working out helped, but now I have no time...so back to theland of insomnia.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 12:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2011