I would greatly appreciate any and all thoughts regarding this subject or proposed idea.

Regarding the Spokane Bomb that was found.
IF the bomb was placed there by Domestic Jihadist Extremists, how do you think they perceived the MLK parade?
Was the perspective maybe, all those people were just Americans?
Was the perspective maybe, all those people were Christians like MLK?
Was the perspective maybe, all those people were something else other than what the bomber was?
How many different reasons could be given for a Domestic Terror Event at a MLK event, IF the bomber WAS an Islamic Extremist.
Do you think it's possible that they simply saw all those AA people as just more Christian Americans?

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 10:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't see the purpose to making up reasons for assigning hypothetical intrigue to a very real situation.

Now read that again and ponder what she may be getting at!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 3:02 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Why would you make any assumption about who placed the bomb? Last I heard, they had no leads or information about who put it there.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:03 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• If it was a jihadist, I doubt they saw color at all. Most likely a large gathering of free Americans to blow up.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:03 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would think that regardless of who the group is, the point of a terroristic threat is to harm as many people at once as possible to cause chaos.

Now, I'm no criminal, but if I were going to do something to hurt others, I wouldn't want my name or affiliation attributed for it. I don't think like a terrorist though. I believe they usually want to claim responsibility (adds to the street cred).

I think it's far more likely that they have details that they aren't giving to the public, so I will wait to see the outcome of the investigation.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:36 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• MLK respresents freedom. he faught for freedom. just for those of his color for all races to be together in unity. he represented everything the person is against. its about freedom. if its a group of extremist. they hate us and hate what our flag represents and what MLK stood for and faught for and sacrificed his life for. that all men are created equal and there is no color. sadly i think we are getting more and more separated then brought together. i wonder sometimes what MLK would think about our world today.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Okay he just said that was only for like five minutes that they thought that, and the story has changed since last night. I love how they report stuff, and then the story changes. Maybe they should, I don't know, get, their story straight and THEN run their mouths?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:28 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• She clearly posted on the first page:

It IS a hypothetical question. There are just too many IF's out there is kinda my point. Yaknow? Comment by jewjewbee

Operative word being hypothetical. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I get that, QuinnMae. What I don't understand is why ask such a pointed hypothetical? Why not ask why anyone would plant a bomb where so many people would be gathering to celebrate the life of a peace-loving man like MLK? Why ask specifically those questions regarding Islamic Terrorists when we don't know who planted the bomb?  I don't understand why the OP would choose one terrorist group over any other at a MLK parade especially when it makes more sense for this crime to have been committed by a group like the Aryan Nations who have a history in that area.  What was the purpose behind this particular and unlikely hypothetical scenario?  That's what I'm trying to understand.  I don't see the purpose to making up reasons for assigning hypothetical intrigue to a very real situation.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 12:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Although my husband said last night the back pack had white supremacist markings on it. I have no idea where he got that, I'll google and be back.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:04 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• OP put a big IF in the question. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:56 AM on Jan. 20, 2011