this is gonna sound stupid, but.....

what is the best way to bath my 7 week old? i have a plastic fold up tub for infants, i hate it. you can't put too much water in it and she tries to "dunk herself" to get in the warm water more. i also have a sling thing with a net, but she wiggles herself down and into the tub. i have a garden tub, the small one, and it is a pain to lean over, it has a step on it and i can't kneel on it. i would like to bath her about 3 times a week, b/c she pukes and it stinks. lol. but it is a pain in the ass!!! lol. also my kitchen sink is too small....any ideas?

mama2bof2

Asked by mama2bof2 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used my bathroom sink when my daughter was young, I seriously doubt your kitchen sink is too small. You can also try a sponge bath.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:04 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• When my kids were very young I used a plastic newborn tub with a large, formed sponge in it. This kept the baby from sliding down too far.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:04 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• seriously doubt my kitchen sink is too small? have you been in my house? whatever, it is too small, she is too long for it. the kitchen sink is a small one b/c we live in a mobile home.
    also the bathroom sink is just a little oval one.
    i've done a sponge bath, and it was ok.
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 10:08 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Sponge baths are good. I used to (and still do) take my littlest one in the tub with me. I would pull my knees up out of the tub (we have a huge tub) and lay her on my thighs. Then I usually handed her off to my husband so I could bathe, but there were a couple times that I was alone so I just got out after I washed her and then I took a shower later.

Answer by missanc at 10:14 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Your child does not need to lay down in the sink. All you need is room to support her sitting up.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:15 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• missanc- i thought of that, but i would be too scared of dropping her....slippery when wet! lol.
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Take a bath with her! --or put her in the shower with you but if you do that, be very careful because babies are very slippery. Maybe consider getting one of those shower chairs that old people use, and sit with her in your lap. I also agree with the sponge bath thing. Maybe you can do this in the kitchen. Fold a towel and put her on it, beside the sink. Cover the part of her body that's not being bathed, so she wont get chilled. Then starting at her feet, wash and dry her. Turn her around and wash her hair last, using a cup to pour the warm water over her. Be really careful that she doesn't roll off the counter, though. Maybe use a bobby and cover it with plastic and a towel --or get one of those sponge bath beds that she can lie in --they are curved out in the middle so she can roll easily.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 10:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I meant to say "boppy." and CAN'T roll easily (last sentence). can't type today!
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 10:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I used this for my babies and it is simple, but  it worked great! The baby doesn't slide around and you can flip the baby on its tummy to wash both sides! Fill the tub up to just covering slightly the baby pillow and use a washcolth and baby bath soap!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2574102

spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:25 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• spotted pony- i luv it! im going to go get one of those. i have read the reviews and its only 15 dollars so even if it does get moldy, i can get a new one with no problem. i have no problem with it floating if it dies, b/c like one review said her baby hangs its legs off the side and kicks in the water. with constant supervision, i have no prob with this. thank you so much, im going to go get one today! thanks ladies!
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2011