Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

California WIC?

I am re locating to California next month and was wondering what kind of infant formula the WIC Program covers there? If it's different than what my daughter eats, I need to get a prescription from her doctor and bring my current WIC files too so I can make sure she gets what she needs.... just wanted to check before i do or dont go through the hassle! :) thanks

Answer Question

Asked by sophiejsmommy at 10:09 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (11 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • I know my niece was on Infamil when on CA WIC but I don't know if there are others offered. Have you checked the website?

    Answer by CraftingMama at 10:14 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

  • the only one you need a prescription for is the 100% hypoallergenic one, i forget whats its called

    Answer by pookipoo at 10:34 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

  • I couldn't find anything on the website... my daughter is on similac sensitive.

    Comment by sophiejsmommy (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

  • i think they have similac, but they usually give out enfamil... you might need a prescription for that unless she can take gentleease

    Answer by pookipoo at 10:39 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

  • This is what I found. click here


    Answer by musicmom08 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.