How do I break the cycle?

banging head into wallI cant seem to get motivated to do the things I know I need to do. I need to take better care of myself, but then I get frustrated or depressed & go for the bad habits I'm trying to be better about. (*dont freak- it's not drugs- but smoking & junk food are bad enough. Add to that my lack of good exeercise & here I sit in my rut! ) I dont know what its going to take to make me change my ways. Its so frustrating. Plz no bashing- that's not motivational to me! Thnx :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Health

• You need a strong support system. Someone in your area to help motivate you by exercising with you, helping you plan healthy meals and then go shopping with you, so you stay away from the junk foods. I know, easier said than done, because I am in a similar situation. Good luck to you.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 10:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Do you have somebody you can buddy up with? Sometimes it's easier to make a change when you've got somebody to help support you and keep you motivated.

MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i agree with mrsmwf ikts so much easier when u have a friend to exercise with.. Once u get started u want to keep going
    knm51504

Answer by knm51504 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 20, 2011