You wouldnt believe the phone call I just got!

I just got a call from 1-877-296-4933 (caller ID showed that number) The guy asked for my Husb & mispronounced our last name. I politely (not yelling or snotty) corrected his pronunciation of our name & told him he was at work. He then says our name & says "What kind of hillbilly chicken shit is that & says it should be the way he said it the first time!" I said, "Excuse me!" And then the jerk hung up. I called the number back & its busy. WTF was THAT all about!? Has this happend to any of you lately?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 10:22 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Technology

• How rude. Unfortunately, companies contract out with telemarketing firms, so most of the time, the caller doesn't even work for the company they are claiming to represent. This means much of the time that they feel free to be as crude as they want to be.

I have banked with Wachovia for many, many years and I received a telemarketing call from them (the firm hired by Wachovia) trying to sell me mortgage services. The man was extremely rude and he actually hung up on me. I called Wachovia and told them all about it and how much I didn't appreciate it. Not that it did any good, I'm sure, but I felt better after at least telling them how unprofessional the firm they hired was.

Sorry for your bad experience!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:26 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• What the hell? That is absurd!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:30 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I have had telemarketers mispronounce my name, I just tell them they have the wrong number and hang up before they can reply.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 10:24 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• collection agency maybe ? they say the ugliest things
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• They even call my cell. I do not answer 800s.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:25 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I've had telemarketers mispronounce my name all the time. My usual response is "You are calling me to sell me something and you can't even pronounce my name? Call me back when you can say it correctly" Then I hang up.
    I've never had any of the insult me the way this jerk insulted you.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 10:26 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I have people call and and ask for my husband, but call him Judy instead of Jody. I simply tell them there is no one here by that name and hang up - if they want to sell something they better know who they are asking for.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:28 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• That's crazy!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:58 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Its a telemarketer or something like that. I got a call from the same number but didn't answer it.
    Nemhs

Answer by Nemhs at 4:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• damn i know theres a number you can call and report those type of things.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:28 AM on Jan. 20, 2011