coming up soon will be the one year death of my mom's mom and my grandma. what is the proper thing to do? knowledge it or not?

coming up in feb will the one year day of passing. What is the thing to do. Call, send card, send flowers. I mean you want to think about them but do not want to at the same reason that it might hurt all over again. I hope I worded that right. Thanks

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 10:28 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Just call and talk to her. Ask her how she's doing? If she wants to talk about it she will :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:28 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I find talking about the person helps..I am that way with my grandfather who passed away going on 5 years this October 31st..I still get upset thinking about him but it helps to talk about him..I get teary eyed when I talk about him, but I still like to talk about him..his birthday is coming up in March and I still do something on his birthday.
    robsgurl_23

Answer by robsgurl_23 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Call and talk your mom. Be open. Tell her you're missing your grandmother and thought she might be missing her too.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:45 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• U both can talk about your fondest memories.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:46 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• my grandmother who is the only grandparent i have left living. she lights a candle on the day my grandfather passed. or any specialday. we always talk about him. he passed 3yrs ago this coming march. it saddens me. just call her up and talk. tell her you love her and that grandma is looking down and smiling. talk about all the great memories and special times. do not make it a day of sadness make it a day of remembering her life not her death.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:08 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would go see her or call if you can't go.
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 7:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2011