I accidently put a diaper in the washing machine need help!

I accidently put a diaper inthe washing machine while doing laundry. Well now I got that jelly like substance all over the clothes. I tried re-washing but its still there. I just threw them in the dryer to see if that would help. Anyone have any suggestion?

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 10:31 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Let your load air dry and then shake the jelly stuff off as much as you can and pick the rest.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:33 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I just found this on the pampers website

Fortunately, it's not difficult to remove the gel from the rest of the laundry. Put the clothing into the dryer. It may take an extra cycle, but this will dry the gel, and it will fall off clothing. Most will be caught in the lint filter. Some might remain on the clothes, but it can be easily brushed or shaken off.

As for getting it out of the washer, you can put the washer through a rinse or two without any laundry in the machine. Any gel remaining in the washer can be wiped out with a damp cloth.
    robsgurl_23

Answer by robsgurl_23 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Thanks ladies!
    nicjon

Comment by nicjon (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I agree with upper post. I did that once and was it a mess. I threw the load in the dryer so I could shake the clothing and just rewashed the load.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Been there, done that many times. Just run the dryer on low heat a little longer than usual BUT empty the lint filter a few times during that time.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:09 AM on Jan. 20, 2011