What is the oldest thing in your home?

I love to collect vintage items. Probably the oldest thing in our home is the stove hubby got me for Mother's Day last year. It's from the 1800s and I love it. (c:

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 10:45 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I think my grandmothers bedroom furniture, purchased when she first got married, so Circa 1920ish. It is the waterfall style, and although it is slightly used, I love it.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• You mean besides ME? :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Pretty sure I'm the oldest thing in my house..
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:49 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It's beautiful! I love antiques, but the oldest thing I have would have to be my husband. LOL. just kidding, I have some antique dishes of my grandmas and some antique cook books.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 10:49 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My mother gave me a "jewelry tree" that is 7 generations of women's jewelry from my family. It is all pinned onto a mat in the shape of a potted tree and framed a big, beautiful oval frame.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:51 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Me. Well, actually, no, that may not be true. I have some pieces of my grandmother's stuff that are probably much older than me, though I don't know for sure how old they are.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:58 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Love your stove!

I have a few really old things, I was going to say the antique Singer Treadle machine that I have from 1908, but then I remembered a cookbook I have from the 1890's.....and then I remembered that I have some little butter dishes from a set of china that my grandmother told me had been in our family since around the Civil War....so I guess they would be the oldest thing.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• The oldest stuff in my house would be some decorative plates that belonged to my great grandmother, some old german steins from my husbands grandmother that use to be her grandmothers, a old chinese tea set that was my husband grandparents they got on their wedding day, a canister set that was my grandfathers that I got when he passed away. A religious thing that was my grandmothers I got when she passed away. I am not sure what else...=)
    robsgurl_23

Answer by robsgurl_23 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I think the oldest thing I have in my house is a newspaper. My dad always bought a newspaper when big events happened and kept it. I inherited all of them when he passed away. So I have a local paper from 1969 when the astronauts landed on the moon :)
    MonkeyPeanut79

Answer by MonkeyPeanut79 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It is either a cowbell that my hubs ancestor made, or a book that one of his ancestors wrote and had published.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:11 AM on Jan. 20, 2011