How do we get out of the ROBOT routine?

Any suggestions, cant afford a lot what is it that two people can do together that does not cost a fortune? Everyday it's the same thing, Wake up get ready for work go to work come home make dinner clean up shower and bed, what is it that all you married women do out there to just make life a little better??

buttonlts

Asked by buttonlts at 10:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I would say one of the times you send the kids to grandmas...create a game for him. Send him to the store while you set up. My DH created a game on the computer and printed it all out. He taped a "treasure hunt" list on the outside door and in it he gave me clues to numbers (1-10) I had to go around the house to find them all. The last one was in the fake red rose peddles on the floor leading to our bedroom. I entered the room and he was standing there waiting for me. I then had to read all 10 reasons why he was still madly in love with me...then he gave me my little present he had for me. :P Have a picnic on the living room floor with candle light and music. There are soo many things I could say...lol
    charismatic

Answer by charismatic at 11:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• At least once a month I will send the kid to grandmas for the night so hubby and I can have a date night. Money is tight for us , so I usually plan a dinner at home, rent a movie and we stay in. I know it sounds boring, but it is the only time we are alone together so we make the most of it.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 11:02 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Try to do something spontaneously...something you've never done before. Try an appetizer or dessert at a restaurant you've never been to before, or in a cuisine you've never tried before. Go for a drive down a road you've never been on before. Hike a trail you haven't hiked. Try your hand at a sport or hobby that you haven't done. Read each other poetry by a foreign poet (translated to English if you don't know other languages, of course). Cook together with some exotic recipe you've never used. Create a cocktail or mocktail that is all your own and make some appetizers and sit down to a movie or dance together in your living room, bedroom, or backyard. Try to learn a new language. Sit down with a world map and pin all the places you've been and all the places you'd like to go (this sparks nostalgic conversation and starry-eyed romantic planning for the future).
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Take a different route. Buy things at the grocer that you don't recognize, then google how to cook them. Read the newspaper. Visit the library. Walk around the neighbourhood. Sing. Dance. Do housework naked. End every sentence with 'because you were right.' Turn off the tv and tell stories from your life. Share what you've learned. Read an encyclopedia. Visit a senior's home --read to them, listen to their stories, ask about their families... Write a cookbook, or a book of poetry or a novel or an instruction manual. Blog. Sign up for StumbleUpon (www.stumbleupon.com). Volunteer. Take up geocaching.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:10 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Play board games.
    Sit down and watch new movies.
    Make something new for dinner.
    Have a picnic out on the patio if you can.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:26 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Make a list of 10 things you have never done. Big or small. Promise yourself to do one per week. It could be as simple as trying a new restaurant, or reading a sexy book together, or refreshing your look.. It can be as big as taking a vacation outside your normal comfort level, or jumping out of an airplane
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 11:57 AM on Jan. 20, 2011