how long can a person...

be on hold?
is there a time limit, when at that certain time, your head explodes from elevator music
same thing playing over and over again

important call, about child support, so i can not hang up
but if i stay on any longer my mind may pour out my ears

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 11:10 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• There is no limit to how long some businesses will keep you on hold. I sure hope you finally were able to actually talk to someone.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2011

• If I have been put on hold for longer than 15 minutes, I assume I have been forgotten. I will hang up and call back, hopefully with better results.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 11:12 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My husband has been on hold for 3 hours with some loan people when he was working on setting up payment plans. Now he has to work something else out with them, adjust the payment. And yesterday he spent two hours on hold before hanging up. What sucks is, we skipped two months of payment because we were short on money so now they are calling us. Only, when he answer the phone it puts him right on hold. And he is trying to get a hold of them to work it out, and get payments going again and even when THEY call he sits there on hold for hours. It's starting to pi$$ is both off, if they wanted our money so bad you think they would be doing a better job of making it happen.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 11:12 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• When I'm on hold I put my cell on speakerphone and then go about doing whatever, cooking, cleaning, while I wait for them to come back on the line.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:13 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• got a human!
    but he said i need to call another number
    AAAAHHHH!
    on hold with another
    they do have a auto matic call back system!!
    yeah
    if it works...be will see
    not much confidence
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• state of utah is like that with every thing ha ha sat on the phone for over three hours trying to fix that fact that my son ssi card is being used by someone else still hasnt been fixed waiting to hear back from then to see what else we have to do..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:26 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• last hold call
    system kept saying which person i was
    went from 12, down to 8, then five , then 1
    as soon as i was told by computer that i was next up
    computer told me that the call back feature was kicking in, and is this my phone number
    and then click, cut off

hahaha
    not funny!
    now waiting for phone to ring
    not much confidenence that it will

and computer said if i was to call again, then i go to bottom of call back list

****this situation sounds like a late night comedy skit***
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Jan. 20, 2011