What would you think if your children's school district couldn't even tell you (because they DON'T KNOW) their enrollment numbers?

We live in a suburb of Memphis and are in the county school system (which isn't anymore than average anyway). Memphis schools (which are atrocious and have been very poorly managed) have given up their charter and it looks like consolidation with county schools is a big possiblity. The same people on the city school board who gave up the charter and ran things into the subterrain in the first place want a chance at being on the newly formed county schoolboard if consolidation goes through. Seriously?! City school board members blame the county for improper funding...but they haven't been able to give their enrollment numbers for more than 5 years!!! I think I'm closer to homeschooling than I planned.

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 11:13 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in

• I would wonder who was in charge. How could a school system NOT know how many kids are in their system for any given year? I wold seriously think about whatelse is wrong in that system.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2011