Do elevated daytime temps indicate pregnancy?

I know if my BBt stays high past my luteal phase that I probably am...but as I obsess over everything I do take my temp throughout the day during my 2ww and yesterday and today 7 and 8 dpo my temps have remained as high or higher than my first temp of the day and they never have before. Could this be a good sign?

Darlah

Asked by Darlah at 11:46 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Waking temps have nothing to do with hormones. The only reliable temp when charting is your BBT, taken first thing in the morning, before you get out of bed or even sit up. Your waking temp should be higher than your BBT as a rule; waking temp is usually around 98.6 for most people, but BBT can range from low 96's to 97's. My BBT, for instance, is low- to mid-96's before ovulation and low-97's during my luteal phase, but my waking temp throughout my cycle is around 98.6 regardless.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:54 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Day time temps have NOTHING to do with hormones and can tell you nothing.

The ONLY temperature that can tell you anything is BBT which has to be taken before sitting up, rolling over, smoking, drinking, etc. It should be taken at the same time everyday.
    Anonymous