i sometimes get aggravated with my 2 month old twins when im tired

1 fuss they both fuss and it gets to me wat do i do

mscutie

Asked by mscutie at 11:50 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Everyone gets tired and frustrated some times. It WILL NOT hurt a baby to fuss. You don't have to pick them up and soothe them all the time. Sometimes you need to just check to make sure they are o.k. and leave them in their crib. Go turn on the radio and make yourself a cup of tea. Don't be afraid to take a little time for yourself here and there.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 11:55 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i can only image what is like to have two fussing babies. Sometimes when my kids would get like this I would put them in their cribs and walk outside. Sometimes I would scream, sometimes I would cry. I would take about 2 minutes for myself, even if they were crying. Sometimes when they needed to be held I would hold them, sit on the floor with the radio on and crock them back and forth.

I think the key is to try and take a break. If you have family close by maybe someone would come and watch them for a 1/2 hour so you can go for coffee or to the store. I don't think there is anything wrong with saying you need a break, in fact I think it makes us better moms because kids can be aas stressful as working a job.

Good Luck, Take a Deep Breath and know it does get easier, or at least the problems become different when they get older.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Of course you are frustrated, you are a brand new mommy of twins and they are only 2 months old. Find a sitter, get out occasionally. If they are fussing and you have had it, let them fuss. It won't hurt them, won't scar them. Go outside, take a breather, call someone and cry. It's OK. It's part of being mom
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• 2 months old is really young. U won't spoil them by holding and soothing them as often as u like. But,if mom needs a break,put a radio in the baby room with a nice song on it and it does calm them. Better,yet, get some tapes of lullabies and a radio with a tape player and put in baby room,it works like a charm! Also baby swings r fantastic and r a godsend!!! Babies just love them!!! I hope this helps!! Let me know!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Rest more.

There is nothing more important right now than your rest and self-care, because if you don't take care of you, you can't take care of anyone else. Being insane isn't going to help you be a better mother.

Sleep when they sleep... and when they don't sleep, lie down with them so you're resting and they're not being stimulated by noises or activities. Eat frequent small meals made of simple, good food (not potato chips or engineered coffee 'creamer' or pop and freezer pizza --food, like an apple and a piece of cheese, or plain yogurt and 3 fresh strawberries). Get outside every day, but you need not go further than your front yard or balcony. Just step outside for 2 minutes. Breathe out all the way. Drink lots of fresh water, even if you don't 'like' it. You may be surprised.

GET HELP. People want to help, and feel good doing it --so let them. Ask them to bring food, fold laundry, wash dishes, give you a backrub...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• even moms of singletons get that way ;) dont feel bad, if people want to help let them! you need some you time!! if they are screaming just to scream and you feel you REALLY need a break put them in their crib or somewhere safe and go take a breather, i go to the bathroom and turn the shower on so i have some time for my own thoughts, after a min or two i take a deep breath, remember how much i love them and go take care of them :)
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 9:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2011