What's for lunch...ideas please!

This diet is kickin' my butt! I feel like i'm starving lol! =( (can you tell i'm hungry?)

There's not much to eat here, need to go grocery shopping. but I have a pack of Keilbasa, any ideas on what to make with that, that is KINDA healthy, if not alot LOL!

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yummy, sounds like a healthy lunch idea. I love apples and pb, but I love pb and almost anything. Green bean soup is good. You take a can of Green beans, and drain out half the liquid, put what's left in a sauce pan, add a small bit of butter, a can of evaporated milk, and s and p to taste. If you like onions, they make a good addition to this, but you'll want to cook it longer to cook the onions through. Don't let it boil tho, cause of the milk. You just want it good and hot.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 12:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Just go to the nearest Panda Express and have their eggplant tofu and veggies and maybe splurge on some meat; stay way from any and all carbs. Well that is what I am craving and planning on for lunch.
    tdbaas

Answer by tdbaas at 11:53 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• No, kielbassa is not 'kinda' healthy. It's totally high fat, unbelievably high salt and if I were a betting person, I'd put money on 'complete with sodium nitrite' to make it not be that vile-looking grey colour it would be without it...

For lunch (and breakfast) we almost always eat vegetarian, mostly because it's cheaper, but also because it's healthier: pasta with veg sauce, veg sandwiches, salads, soups, etc. Yesterday I ate leftovers, the day before I had a cheese and cuke and tomato sandwich. Today I'm having leftover broccoli & cauliflower soup, with homemade biscuits.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:56 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• kielbassa doesn't even look good to me, so that's a NO GO lol! Thanks for that tip though, I didn't know it was really BAD for u!!!

I'm just going to have some green beans, and apples, and maybe some peanut butter on the side.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• you can use reg. milk if you want, I just always use evap. milk..
    BisketLiss

• Do you have any mac and cheese? Or eggs You could cook up the kielbasa and cut it up into one of those items. Thats sorta what I did. I had leftover sausage, eggs and hashbrowns so i friend everything up and mixed them together.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 12:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Mmm that does sound good, and i loooooove onions. I have a bag of the french's fried onions =( i just want to open that bag and eat them LOL!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I'm going to make "fried" egg sandwiches with some ham. When I was on WW I would "fry" 2 eggs and have them between 2 peices of whole grain toast for breakfast, along with something to drink, and I was never hungry for at least 6 hours.
    Anonymous