pedicures :)

Ok so I know massages are banned during pregnancy. Well not recomomended I should say. Cause the massage can cause you to go into labor.
What about Pedicures? Is it true a foot rub can cause you to go into labor?
or is that another myth?

I am almost 35 weeks prego. :)

mgurl

Asked by mgurl at 4:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I googled your question...and it seems like there is in fact a pressure point on your foot that can send you into labor. I'm not sure how hard or for how long the person would have to massage that particular pressure point, though : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Yes there is a spot on the foot. When I was being induced a friend of mine that does all that massage stuff was working on it.
    Check at www.reflexology-usa.net they have charts that tell you where all those different ponts are. THe human body tuely is amazing :o)
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• You can always go to a maternal massuse. (splg?) They know all the pressure points and will make you feel great!
    MamaG325

Answer by MamaG325 at 5:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2008