Anyone ever name your child after a relative and then change your mind and have the name amended?

This could be cousin or parent or father that the relationship did not work and you eventually decided to change childs name (like last name)

2boyz2pray4

Asked by 2boyz2pray4 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Baby Names

• My dd's middle name is the same as the girl who there dad cheated on me with. I HATE it, and I want so badly to change it, (she WAS my best friend btw!) but I know my daughter will make her name beautiful.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• knicole0708 that is horrible! I'm so sorry for you! I named my son after my brother, who introduced my husband to me ( actually, he was his best friend and I took 'im ) and I wouldn't even think of taking it back.
    Robbiesmommy83

Answer by Robbiesmommy83 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My older 2 boys middle names are after relatives (my dad, my grandpa). I think the names sound good with my kids 1st names, and are a good tribute to my dad and grandpa. I am glad I went with those names, and I would not change them.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I haven't (yet) but if I did and the relationship ent south I wouldn't change my child's name over it. My child will make the name beautiful and not like the person we got the name from. We plan on naming our next child after a few of our deceased relatives. So they mean a lot to us and we would never think about changing them.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• my mother named me after her best friend-- whom she ended up hating shortly after my birth!! so i always wished she had changed my name!!
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I had my own name ammended!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 1:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• No
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2011