harmful to my unborn baby?

I am 39 weeks this week and 2cm dilated. My last doctors visit, which was this past tuesday, my doctor said I still had alot of amniotic fluid around my baby although some has decreased so therefore, he'd highly suggest that if i came back on my next doc app, which is tomorrow (Jan21st) and have dilated atleast one or two more cm..he will highly recommend that i be induced later next week.
Soo..we are in the process of moving so im constantly walking up & down steps and around the house, bending over picking this and that up. BUT, i also tried doing jumping jacks. lol is jumping jacks harmful to the baby ? Im not sure! i just really want to dilate. im so tired of being pregnant. and me and my babysfather arent together so sex isnt a choice for me.

Jan.mommii.

Asked by Jan.mommii. at 12:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• lol im sure they arent harmful!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I wouldn't do jumping jacks. That just sounds nuts. Walk, spicy food, and wait it out.
    Anonymous

• I haven't heard that jumping jacks makes you dialate lol. And I don't see why it would be harmful, ask your doc on things to help progress on dialating, BESIDES being induced. Or you can google it as well, I did that w/ my 2nd, it said pineapples helped, I was eating pineapples like there were no tomorrow, i'm not sure if it was all in my head, but i like to think it worked LOL
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• No jumping jacks aren't harmful but the baby is prob like "what the heck mom" lol. Try sitting on an excerise ball and moving your hips in a circular motion or you can do it standing as well. Kind of like hula hooping. Good luck!
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i dont think it sounds nuts, but when i imagine a 9 month pregnant woman doing them its a funny image :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• thanks for the answers and advice (:
    Jan.mommii.

Comment by Jan.mommii. (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Don't do jumping jacks. Bouncing is why they don't want pregnant women doing high impact aerobics. If you want to dilate, have sex. Semen has a natural chemical that can dilate the cervix.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 12:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I wouldn't do them but keep walking up and down those stars. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 12:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• *stairs
    aheuszel

• I don't think jumping jacks are harmful, but just to be safe I wouldn't do them,, when I was that far I couldn't have done them, my boobs would have hit me in the face, LOL, hang in there momma, your almost home!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2011