how do you deal with an unruley child ?

wont do school work mind teachers getting sent home from school wont mind mom and dad hits on little brother

angel-eyes1966-

Asked by angel-eyes1966- at 12:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You can't control what he does at school, but you can control what he does at home. Set your rules and consequences and make sure he knows them. If he breaks a rule, stick with the consequence. Make sure you are consistent, it will take time but things should get better.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• FIRM RULES... and they'd better step to the plate or go to bare min.??? I made it clear to my kids that CPS only requires me to feed, clothe (and don't have to be name brand), and a bed to sleep in. There are no laws that state they need their own computer, TV, cable, videogames, and the list goes on!!! Last time I checked, they don't have a bad life, are spoiled, and if they don't like their life I'll yank it away.. they do not have jobs, do not pay our bills, and have not bought anything they own?

I am so grateful I have the life I have, because if we were on another path in life we could either be struggling and feeling like crappy parents, or we could be so well off we loose touch with why we created a family in the first place... but boundries, rules, and stick to your guns!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It can be difficult for us to give advise if we dont have more information Doll. Can you tell us a little more please?
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 1:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Rules and consistently backing them up. Kids need structure.
    Robbiesmommy83

Answer by Robbiesmommy83 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It sounds like what this 'lil person need is some love. Stop, turn him around and hold him close for as long as he'll let you. It's like shampoo....wash him in kisses, rinse him in positive energy, and repeat with big bear hugs. Try sveral times a day and see if it doesn't make a difference. He wants attention that he's not getting and all any child wants is to be loved and accepted. My prayers are with you and your child. It will turn out good. Say a little prayer and you'll see. Peace.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 5:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2011