Why does anyone need a tv in their car???

I just don't get why people need cars with built in tv's for their kids, the kids really can't entertain themselves any other way?? Don't people talk, sing, play games with their kids anymore?? Unless it's a long road trip shouldn't kids be able to handle a car ride without the tv??

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I agree with you!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... why not? I have one, we still talk, sing, play car games, and so forth... but whilecarpooling I enjoy the TV because it give me 15 minutes here and there to actually read or hold a conversation on the phone without a screaming kid
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• well i think the point is for long car trips....I dont know anyone that uses theirs all the time.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 12:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• There are some small children who can't sing, or talk, and can't play games because they're not old enough to understand how to play. a dvd player is GREAT especially when mom is driving and the child is whining. My dd is 2, and we bring the portable dvd player along when i'm out running errands, i dont see NOTHING wrong with it IMO.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I agree with you. Even on long road trips my children have always been good about finding other things to entertain themselves. We do have a DVD player and have taken many trips where it was never used at all. If, for some reason there is a lot of fighting, or if someone gets carsick and doesn't feel like doing anything else, then we have the option of playing a movie. But I am so grateful for kids who can be happy doing things other than watching TV and playing video games!!!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i like them...after all, mommy needs somewhere to go once in awhile! lol
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Long trips I know it's a life saver. When I was in high school we went to AZ and used a portable TV. I can't imagine that trip without it.
    Our vehicle has no TV. But we do have an iPad I was given for christmas and I do let my daughter who ios three use it to play games and stuff sometimes when we ride the bus (I don't drive) or to keep her in the cart or quiet at baby brother's doctors appointments. It's great for that and I can see how if you have small kids like her age that you'd want to use it.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 12:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• We have a dvd player. We only use it for long trips. 4 hour rides or more. It's great. Don't knock it until you tried it!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• When I bought my car I was not looking for one with a DVD player. But now that we have it, I love it. We don't use it for short stuff (errands, etc), just for longer trips - or lately, I have to take my kids with my on my last work run of the morning, so they watch part of a movie because they're still tired and will fight otherwise. On medium trips (1-2 hours) we only let them watch sometimes. So it really doesn't get used a whole lot. It's nice too if we have to sit & wait somewhere, like if we're out as a family but I want to run into one store for a few groceries or a new bra, they can watch and Dh can make phone calls.
    Anonymous

• sometimes they havent seen a movie also it is a way to keep them entertained. besides the way most people drive you need your attention for the road
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 1:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2011