Where do your kids go on a snow day?

Last night we got about six inches of snow and school is out today. Under the snow is a layer of ice and the roads are slick, but so many kids are out playing in the ditches. ON the way back from taking my daughter to work I saw sevearl kids nearly get hit from sliding cars. Not an adult in sight and some of these kids are pretty little. I'm wondering if these kids are home alone or sent down the block to a friend's house and no one is really watching them. So I'm wondering where do your kids go on a snow day?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 12:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• My husband takes off work and one of us (I'm a SAHM) goes out with the big kids while one of us stays inside with our 6 month old. But there is only one other house on our street, and we live in a cul-de-sac so there are very few cars around here even when the roads are clear. I know their friends parents that live in our neighborhood and wouldn't let them go over there unless I knew the parents were vigilant about watching the kids.

Answer by missanc at 12:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Mine didn't have a snow day.. but when they do.. they are at home with Daddy.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• When we have a snow day my son likes to try to build a snowman in our backyard.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My DD stays home with me on snow days. She's not real big on going out to play in the snow - we watch movies, pop some popcorn, she plays with her little sister. Usually Dh will stay home on snow days too so if either one of my girls wants to go out to play then they will go out with him.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Either day care or my 15 year old son watches them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• They stay home with me. If it's bad enough for school to be called off, it's too bad to go outside.
    Anonymous