Anyone get through delivery without episiotomy or tears?

If so, did you do anything differently or was it just by luck?

Kelli1012

Asked by Kelli1012 at 12:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yeah, i had an epidural :p lol :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My first one--they cut me..
    My second one--I tore
    My third one--she walked right out! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• OH nm i read that as tears like crying.... no i had to have an episiotomy
    pookipoo

• out of my 3 deliveries only my first was vaginal and somehow i couldn't avoid tearing even though she was only 6 pounds. i was kinda thankful i had an emergency c-section the 2nd go around because she was 10 pounds.. i couldnt imagine how she would've ripped me lol. ouch!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• With my third child I had no tears (and I never ever had an episiotomy). The third birth was at home, so I was free to labor and push in any postition I liked (which meant no unnatural uphill pushing from on your back) and I wasn't ordered to push when I didn't feel like it or for amounts of time that I didn't need to. Made a HUGE difference!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yes for both of my boys. I also only had to push like three or four times for each of them so that might have had something to do with it.
    MonkeyPeanut79

Answer by MonkeyPeanut79 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yes, I had a normal delivery without an epidural, no cutting or tearing =)

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I had an epidural too, but I tore all the way down to my anus. Literally one hole instead of two. I asked for and episiotomy but they didnt give it to me, I ended up having 69 internal stitches and 20 on the outside
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I tore with my first but not with my second, who was a bigger baby. My first was in a hospital, my second was in a free standing birth center. I pushed longer but it allowed me to stretch better. My midwife also helped me stretch. And so no tears! It was great :)
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 12:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• 3 times, no cuts no tears. Baby weights in order: 9lbs 1oz, 6lbs 10oz and 8lbs 15 oz. Because of that, I am very self conscience about how tight I am down there.
    Anonymous